Train on Thursday: The Prisoner of Heaven, Carlos Ruis Zafón

trian on thursday button
And another weekly on my train escapades. If I travel with public transport and see people read I cannot help myself I have to know what other people read while waiting for bus or train.

This week I saw a LOT of books. It seems that when it gets colder people like to get cozy with books more (or is it because you cannot operate all those smartphones with gloves on?)
I saw a woman reading a book I really want to read and actually have lying around already waiting for me to make proper time for it. She was lost in the third book of "The Cemetery of Forgotten Books", "The Prisoner of Heaven" which looks like this when we are confronted with the Dutch version. The title actually translates literary so don't be afraid you are not missing out.

De gevangene van de hemel Carlos Ruis Zafon cover
Barcelona,1957. It is Christmas, and Daniel Sempere and his wife Bea have much to celebrate. They have a beautiful new baby son named Julian, and their close friend Fermín Romero de Torres is about to be wed. But their joy is eclipsed when a mysterious stranger visits the Sempere bookshop and threatens to divulge a terrible secret that has been buried for two decades in the city's dark past. His appearance plunges Fermín and Daniel into a dangerous adventure that will take them back to the 1940's and the dark early days of Franco's dictatorship. The terrifying events of that time launch them on a journey fraught with jealousy, suspicion, vengeance, and lies, a search for the truth that will put into peril everything they love and ultimately transform their lives.

As said this is the third book in a series and I just love this author's style. I can really get lost in his books. They do deserve proper attention and time though. I have planned to read all three of them around Christmas this year when I have some time of and can really curl up on the couch and enjoy.

Did you read this book or another book by this author?
What do you read on the train, bus, tram or bycicle?
Feel free to leave a comment or a link to your booktravel experiences on this post.
Previous
Next Post »