The end of Dewey's #Readathon April 2013

If you follow me in one way or another you cannot have missed that I have participated in Dewey's readathon the last 24 hours.

It was the first time I participated and I was excited to start. First I will answer the official questions found over here

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
  5. How many books did you read?
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?
  8. Which did you enjoy least?
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

1. The most daunting hour must have been the second. I love to nap on my free days and it was just around that time. I usually doze of for a bit while reading a book so it did cost me some effort to stay awake.
2. I read  Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham and it was a light but still entertaining read and it helped me trough a big part of the night.
3. No
4. This was the first time I participated I cannot come up with something that disturbed me or could have been better.
5. I read 2 full books and finished the read I still had. A total of 1024 pages.
6. I finished The Other Boleyn Girl by Philipa Gregory (had 147 pages left), Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham and The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.
7. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.
8. I enjoyed them al
9. I was not a Cheerleader :)
10. I really enjoyed being a part of this happening and will try to participate again next time. I will probably read though I spend a good amount of time visiting other blogs and cheering on people on twitter so might sign up for Cheerleader too.

If you are curious how my 24 hours went you can read it in my updates post  Dewey's #Readathon Updates
I would really love to thank Heather and Andi of The Estella Society for organizing this read-a-thon and keeping us company for several hours. Also Kate from Kate’s Book Nook, Courtney from Stiletto Storytime, Deb Nance from Readerbuzz and Sheila from Book Journey for making those brilliant posts with video's and other nonsense to keep us motivated.

I would love to do a shout out to Chris Paton from Aarluuk Northern Stories who was the most cheering cheerleader on my blog!!!
Previous
Next Post »

2 reacties

Write reacties
Ali
AUTHOR
28 April, 2013 delete

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first readathon. It was fun getting to know you a bit as one of your cheerleaders. Cheerleading is super fun so if you're thinking about it for next time, I definitely recommend it!

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
28 April, 2013 delete

Thanks Ali :) It was great welcoming you on my blog :)

Reply
avatar