Train on Thursday: World War Z, Max Brooks

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me. In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling.
If you want to join in this weekly feel free to write your own post on the books you spot. That can be anywhere, in the park, on the street, in line at the bookstore / library. There is a linky in the bottom to link up your post. Or leave a comment.

It began with rumors from China about another pandemic. Then the cases started to multiply and what had looked like the stirrings of a criminal underclass, even the beginnings of a revolution, soon revealed itself to be much, much worse. Faced with a future of mindless, man-eating horror, humanity was forced to accept the logic of world government and face events that tested our sanity and our sense of reality.
Based on extensive interviews with survivors and key players in the 10-year fight-back against the horde, World War Z brings the very finest traditions of American journalism to bear on what is surely the most incredible story in the history of civilization.
Max Brooks lives in New York City but is ready to move to a more remote and defensible location at a moment's notice. His Zombie Survival Guide was adopted as a required text by all of the world's basic military training programs during the recent global conflict.

Hmmmm... No this is not my thing. This book has very high ratings on Goodreads and Amazon and the concept is pretty hilarious. But I simply do not like zombies. I would not even pick up this book in a bookshop nor go to the movie. So dear zombie lovers please leave me a comment why other zombie lovers need to read this book!





Previous
Next Post »