Train on Thursday: Betoverd, Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favourite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me. In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while travelling.
If you want to join in this weekly feel free to write your own post on the books you spot. That can be anywhere, in the park, on the street, in line at the book store / library. There is a linky in the bottom to link up your post or you can leave a comment!

Betoverd Kami Garcia cover
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

There are people who know without me translating the title what book I am talking about today. For others who are not that aware of who or what.. this is the Dutch title of the Caster Chronicles book Beautiful Creatures. I was not aware that we had Dutch titles for these books because I have seen the book Beautiful Creatures in Dutch with the English title in the shop. But for all the obvious reasons this cover did catch my eye and the woman reading it was not paying that much attention to her surroundings.
I did not read any of the books in this series. I am not sure if I want to read them either but they are on the doubt list. Maybe, someday as I have been hearing a lot of good things on them.




Previous
Next Post »