It's Monday September 2nd 2013! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are You Reading! is a weekly hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey. This weekly is meant to keep you people updated on what I read the last week and what I am planning to read the upcoming week.

The last week before my vacation starts. I am really looking forward to some time off. Work has been crazy the last weeks and I have not been reading as much as I had hoped. 
This week I stopped reading one book and finished a few. The book I stopped was  My Notorious Life by Kate Manning, though it was not a bad story the use of language disturbed my reading to much and I feel  that I might enjoy it better in translation (eeeeek I know). I finished On the Rim by Florida Ann Town which was filled with recognition. Ruin Value was a very interesting detective story mostly because of its setting in Nuremberg 1945.

My Notoroius Life Kate Manning cover On the Rim Florida Ann Town cover Ruin Value J. Sydney Jones cover

I am currently reading Top Down by Jim Lehrer



Next up are The Last Winter of Dani Lancing by P.D. Viner, The Two Hotel Francforts by David Leavitt and How to be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman

The Last Winter of Dani Lancing P.D. Viner cover The Two Hotel Francforts David Leavitt How to be a Good Wife Emma Chapman cover


Previous
Next Post »

7 reacties

Write reacties
Melinda
AUTHOR
02 September, 2013 delete

I am reading "Lean In" along with Rebecca and Allison's book club and I might pick up a new Netgalley or the book that was sent to me the other day. I have also agreed to do another bookclub reading "The Book Thief" so I'm totally overcommitted this month :( ANd there is the classic club spin too, but I will start that next week :D Enjoy your reading week!

Reply
avatar
02 September, 2013 delete

There is nothing wrong with reading a book in translation, I think, so go ahead, especially if it will make you enjoy the book more!

Enjoy your vacation and come back rested and well read etc!
Fijne vakantie,
Kind regards,

Reply
avatar
02 September, 2013 delete

I'm curious about the Viner. Sounds like a twisty good book. I have How to be a Good Wife on my tpr pile. I hope we both enjoy it.

Have a great week!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
02 September, 2013 delete

I have had my eye on How to Be a Good Wife. I hope that it is enjoyable.
-Dilettantish Reader

Reply
avatar
02 September, 2013 delete

I like it that you bravely put down a book you were not enjoying. Inspiring for us all!

Reply
avatar
02 September, 2013 delete

Good for you to stop reading a book you couldn't enjoy. And sometimes, translations can be good, I hope you'll be able to get back to it!

I haven't heard of any of the books you mention today, but I'll be on the look-out for your reviews.

Have a great week.

Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Reply
avatar
Lindsey
AUTHOR
03 September, 2013 delete

I'm intrigued by How to Be a Good Wife. I will have to look into that one!
Have an awesome week!

Reply
avatar