Wishlist Wednesday: The Road Between Use, Nigel Farndale

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

1939: In a hotel room overlooking Piccadilly Circus, two young men are arrested. Charles is court-martialled for 'conduct unbecoming'; Anselm is deported home to Germany for 're-education' in a brutal labour camp. Separated by the outbreak of war, and a social order that rejects their love, they must each make a difficult choice, and then live with the consequences.

2012: Edward, a diplomat held hostage for eleven years in an Afghan cave, returns to London to find his wife is dead, and in her place is an unnerving double - his daughter, now grown up. Numb with grief, he attempts to re-build his life and answer the questions that are troubling him. Was his wife's death an accident? Who paid his ransom? And how was his release linked to Charles, his father?

The first thing catching my eyes with this was obviously the cover. Reading the synopsis I could not help being curious how these stories are linked.
Previous
Next Post »

1 reacties:

Write reacties
Melinda
AUTHOR
13 March, 2014 delete

When I saw 1939 and the cover I knew it's something I'd want to read. You know how much I like any fiction about WW II

Reply
avatar