Wishlist Wednesday: All That is Solid Melts Into Air, Darragh McKeon

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

Russia, 1986. On a run-down apartment block in Moscow, a nine-year-old prodigy plays his piano silently for fear of disturbing the neighbors. In a factory on the outskirts of the city, his aunt makes car parts, hiding her dissident past. In a nearby hospital, a surgeon immerses himself in his work, avoiding his failed marriage.
And in a village in Belarus, a teenage boy wakes to a sky of the deepest crimson. Outside, the ears of his neighbor's cattle are dripping blood. Ten miles away, at the Chernobyl Power Plant, something unimaginable has happened.Now their lives will change forever.
First... this book has a pretty cover. Look at that colors it caught my attention for sure. Next music, prodigies and Chernobyl. This sounds like an intriguing book.
Previous
Next Post »

4 reacties

Write reacties
Isi
AUTHOR
30 April, 2014 delete

I have never read about Chernobyl, now that I think of it, so I think you have chosen an interesting book for this week's Wishlist.

Reply
avatar
Jen G.
AUTHOR
01 May, 2014 delete

I am completely intrigued by the title of this book!

Reply
avatar
01 May, 2014 delete

Shannon just posted her review of this one and it sounds amazing. I love the cover, too!

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
02 May, 2014 delete

Nice cover!

Reply
avatar