Wishlist Wednesday: The Buried Giant, Kazuo Ishiguro

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

The Buried Giant, Kazuo Ishiguro
The Romans have long since departed, and Britain is steadily declining into ruin. But at least the wars that once ravaged the country have ceased. The story begins as a couple, Axl and Beatrice, set off across a troubled land of mist and rain in the hope of finding a son they have not seen for years.
They expect to face many hazards - some strange and other - worldly - but they cannot yet foresee how their journey will reveal to them dark and forgotten corners of their love for one another.

Ishiguro's writing is interesting. There are so many layers in his writing usually and I do hope this book keeps up to that expectation. I must admit I have seen a few reviews already saying they did not really enjoy this one so I am only more curious.
Previous
Next Post »

1 reacties:

Write reacties
08 April, 2015 delete

I've got this one on my wishlist, too!

Reply
avatar