Dewey's 24 Hour #Readathon October 2016!

It is that time of the year again! The October 24 hour Dewey Read-a-thon. There is one in April too but I cannot participate in that one so I have been longing for this date to arrive. Asking free for the Monday way back in April already. Checking my TBR pile for possible read-a-thon reads and putting them aside.

So the opening hour is here and there are some things you might be curious about. My TBR looks like this


Yes you can follow me on Instagram where I will be posting pictures during the readathon. I will update my twitter and participate in supporting on the #readathon hashtag too. This blog post will be updated during the readathon but not much. So do not hesitate to visit me on my social media channels.
Now some more information about me!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
The Netherlands, somewhere in the middle on my couch. I will not be out much as I am still recovering from a double ear infection.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Misery by Stephen King. I am not sure I will pick it up. It might be the right choice to keep me awake in the middle of the night though
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I am going to make coq au vin during the readathon. I love making a stew like meal as the smell makes the reading even more cosy.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
My partner did not realize until 2 weeks ago that the piles of books on the extra bookshelves are actually books I have not read yet. There are over 50 paper books there. I am curious how he will react to the fact there are another 250 unread books on my e reader.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? 
Last year I had a nap before the readathon. I got up at 5 in the morning and went for a nap at 10. The readathon starts at 2 pm here. This worked really well. As I am recovering from a serious double ear infection I might sleep more though so I guess I will not do as well as I did last year but I am going to enjoy every minute.

AND HOUR 24
A photo posted by Ciska (@_ciska_) on
The readathon finished 2.5 hours ago. I read 1339 pages, listened to 97 minutes of audio and finished 6 books in 23 hours. I did nod off in hour 16 but was awake before hour 18 started again. I had so much fun on instagram and twitter. Thanks everyone for dropping by and helping me trough the night! And thanks to Andi, Heather and all the people hosting hours and mini challenges for making this an awesome event again. Cannot wait for the next readathon!!
Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
23 October, 2016 delete

Oh I love coq au vin! Hope the RAT is going well and your ear infection is gone quickly.

Reply
avatar
23 October, 2016 delete

At least with an e-reader we can hide our obsessions a bit more.

Hope you enjoy your readathon!

Http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Isi
AUTHOR
24 October, 2016 delete

wow Ciska, impressive numbers after the Readathon, and you were recovering from an illness!! Are all the people in your planet like you? lol
Congratulations!!
I also had so much fun this weekend!

Reply
avatar